While I meant to update the progress on Heather's quilt weekly, life intrudes and so it's 3 weeks later! I now have all the silhouettes appliqued on the block. My sister Jan came over last Saturday and after lunch and a movie we cut the blocks with the silhouettes to the exact same size and then we cut all the sashing and border strips for the quilt.
The top is now ready to be assembled. The next time all the grandchildren with their sticky fingers leave the house for the day, I'll sew the top together and then baste top, batting and backing together. Then I'll have to wait for the next childless day to do the actual quilting.